Thursday, March 12, 2009

Music is AWESOME!

I LOVE music! It is such a huge part of my life. I probably know the words to thousands of songs--some secular, some Christian. I love picking out a song that applies to a particular moment or something someone has said. So if you said "Tomorrow it's supposed to be sunny." I would start belting out "The sun'll come out...tomorrow. Bet your bottom dollar that tomorrow...there'll be sun!" Or if you said "I'm ready to get out of here." I would start "I know you wanna leave me, but I refuse to let you go!" ha! See how fun this is! Well, some people think it's fun and some don't. I have to be careful at work because I do it ALL the time. It's just who I am. Music is awesome and I know if I didn't have music, I would find a way to make music.

So, the perfect thing for me to do is to be all by myself--not that I don't enjoy friends because I do--and turn the radio on K-LOVE (because I love the variety of songs) and spread out all my scrapbooking stuff and sit at my dining room table and sing while I scrap. I don't want anyone to come in and talk to me because that's distracting. Singing to 50 different songs, however, is not distracting. Why? Because I don't have to think. I have all these songs in my head and I sing without thinking. I don't think....I wonder if that's the right note...what comes next.....do I sound okay...I just sing!!!!!

Sometimes we need to spend time enjoying what we do. Yes, we all have laundry or dishes that we could/should be doing. I prefer to enjoy life! "This is the day the Lord has made. I will rejoice and be glad in it!" Hope you are rejoicing today!

Do you have something in your life that you love to do? I would love to hear about it! Post a comment!

2 comments:

Serving Solo said...

I agree. What would life be like without music? I listen to music all the time...but find myself never really singing. I mean, really singing with everything in me. Belting it out as loud as I can and not worrying about how it sounds. Unfortunately, I am never home alone...or secluded enough to do it. I tried it in the Choir Room once...but was spied on, so I don't do it there anymore.

Music is proof God loves us. At least that's how I see it!

patty said...

funny, rebecca-i listen to music all the time. i used to be a new junkie, but one day-couldn't take it anymore. i find myself google-ing lyrics all the time b/c ron laughs at the words i make up bc i think that's what it is!