Wednesday, March 04, 2009

"Honey Do"

Yesterday I started making a "Honey Do" list. Actually typing it in the computer and adding to it as things come to mind. I've never done this before. It's always been a list in my brain (sharing space with all the other things in there) and never really being fulfilled. There's always that one, simple thing that you forget. And so, it gets put off yet again for another time.

I never realized how hard making this list would be. I just thought I could mentally go through each room in my house--forgetting that our house is bigger than any house we've ever lived in. Not a mansion to some, but pretty darn big to us! That sounded easy enough....I started with the dining room and made my list there and continued to the kitchen and so on. Well, the problem is that I would get to another room and then remember some little something in a different room. It's now become like the never-ending list! Today at work my boss mentioned something about her tub and I pulled out a post-it note from my handy pop up dispenser and scribbled a very important note on it. One to remind me to add that to my list!!!!!

I know a lot of this stems from this being our first house, but a lot of it is because I am sometimes OCD with things. I want everything to be "just so" when people come over. I am a horrible hostess because I spend so much time straightening up or loading the dishwasher instead of visiting with friends. I'm trying to be less like this and more relaxed, but I feel your house is a reflection of who you are. Although I don't really care what people think about me as far as my personality (like I'm loud or rude or whatever), I do care what they think of my house. Pretty petty, huh?

Well, I guess everyone has something that they are that way with. It could be their looks, their kids, their cars, etc. I know that whether a new light fixture is added or whether the office finally gets painted that it doesn't really matter in the long run. I just keep adding to my list and know that there will always be something that can be put on it. :)

1 comment:

Serving Solo said...

You should ask my mom about those lists. She started one for our house when we moved in and we've lived there almost 4 years now! The list is at least 5 pages long on a legal size notepad. There is always something you want to do.