Monday, March 21, 2011

Blessings and secret funds

Lately I've had a harder time counting my blessings. I know I shouldn't because I've certainly been able to look around me and find LOTS more people who have MANY more hardships than I've had. I wouldn't consider mine hardships actually, more like stepping stones. 

One of my first stepping stones was my camera getting stolen at my Father & Mother-In-Law's 50th wedding anniversary party. I was hurt, sad, mad....all the emotions you feel when something happens beyond your control. I actually needed to learn the lesson that God is in control of everything....even my camera.

This is the camera I had....


It was an extension of me...part of who I was, what I loved and something that helped me make money for my family. Very rarely did anyone see me out without it. :)

I knew that God would provide the means for me to replace it one day, I just wasn't sure when that one day would be. (I'm still not exactly sure, but am a lot closer!)

Brian's family has secretly been taking up a collection to help me replace my camera since this happened in January. Imagine my thrill when I realized that people have given to this "fund" to help me replace something that wasn't even their fault.

I am overwhelmingly BLESSED today! I can't thank them enough and hopefully soon I will have put enough money with it (or found a great deal) on a new camera. Until then, I'm satisfied to be excited about looking again!

God richly blesses us beyond what we are worth.....moreso than just this for me. I just sometimes need to be reminded to count the blessings I have.

Jeremiah 17:7-8 (The Message)

"But blessed is the man who trusts me, God, the woman who sticks with God.  They're like trees replanted in Eden, putting down roots near the rivers—Never a worry through the hottest of summers, never dropping a leaf, Serene and calm through droughts, bearing fresh fruit every season.








No comments: