Thursday, March 10, 2011

The lion & the prey

So, last night we had our devotional time in Choir. I felt like it was especially for ME, but I wanted to share with YOU. Sometimes we tend to think that we are the only ones who are dealing with hard times. We don't take the time to look around and realize that there are so many other people who have issues as well. As someone repeated something I read on Facebook this week: "I'm fairly certain if you were in a room filled with other people's problems all piled in the middle, that you would be content to pick your own problems back up and leave the room with them." That's really true if we think about it!

I'm sure I'm not going to tell this as eloquently as Michael did, but here goes my retelling of the "devotion". I hope I don't mess it up too bad, but I'm probably going to give you more of what  I  got out of it. :)


The Lion--Beautiful isn't he?  
He looks so.....Majestic.....Peaceful.....Intimidating even!


 Here is a Gazelle. They run in packs---like friends. :) That's how we are. We run around in little packs. We have so many people (often times LOTS more than we realize) who will come alongside us and "graze" with us, help hold us up when things get tough, or just listen. 

It's peaceful here....we enjoy being here....but sometimes we wander away from the group. Things get tough, we get busy, we don't want to burden people with our problems. What happens when we get so far away is that we begin to feel ALONE?


Alone is NOT where you want to be when the lion starts prowling. 
The lion doesn't go after the entire pack hoping he can catch one....he goes after one knowing it's a sure thing!  When we have wandered off, been distracted and feel alone.....THAT'S when he's ready to pounce!

"Be self-controlled and alert. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour." 1 Peter 5:8 NIV

We were asked last night if any of us had felt alone this week. I raised my hand along with several others. I have actually had that sense of "aloneness" for a while now. Mainly because SO many things are distracting me from my true purpose and pulling me away from the pack.  
I am NOT alone--never have been, never will be. God tells me that in His Word and His Word is Truth!

 We have to stick together! Lift each other up! Pray for each other! Help each other!
 
 The devil isn't going after the whole pack hoping he can catch one--he's waiting on us to feel alone and go after the sure thing! Don't be his supper!



No comments: