Thursday, March 18, 2010

Spring = New Beginnings

Spring brings about a busy time for everyone. We want to do "spring cleaning", there are spring sports and all the flowers and trees are trying to "spring into action".


This little flower is one of many in my flower bed, but they are always the first to bloom (and the first to die). It's kind of funny how all these flowers know when they're supposed to come out of their hiding place. This year has been kind of unusual because of all the snow we have received, but still my flowers are all breaking ground and trying to get ready to illuminate the flower bed with their beauty.

I do NOT have a green thumb.  Give me a house plant and it will be dead in no time because I forget to water it. Give me a bunch of flowers that God gets to water and provide sunlight and I have to do very little but watch and take pictures....then I'm good. :)  I love their beauty, but don't really "enjoy" working in the dirt and weeding. I just like to pull up in my driveway and see the pretty colors and different flowers welcoming me home each day. I especially love this time of year when I can leave for work with 2 flowers out and come home with 6 more out! It's exciting.

Hopefully I will have the time to get some pictures of my flowers again this year and share them. I hope you share yours too!

No comments: