Friday, February 27, 2009

T.G.I.F.




Although I do love Fridays--mainly because I know I have 2 days off with my family--I really think I should say T.G.I.A.--Thank God I'm Alive. Every day is a blessing....not just Fridays.


Some days, you wake up and it's pouring the rain, your kids are sick, you are sick, things go wrong, and you just wish you could climb back in the bed and pull the covers up over your head! That's just life! You just have to get up and press on and decide it's a good day regardless of the circumstances. Tom Hanks said "There's no crying in baseball!", that's pretty much how it is at my house. Although it is perfectly okay to show your emotions, there's no whining about how bad your life is and how someone else has it better. We run a tight ship! Just ask our boys! :)


I believe life is what you make it. Yes, you're going to have those days where everything goes wrong or things happen that you don't like. What you do on those days determines who you really are. Do you let some little thing set you off in a fit? Do you take out your frustrations on your loved ones? We can all have "one of those days", but next time it happens to you--choose to be happy anyway. See where you wind up at the end of the day. Sometimes we miss a blessing or being a blessing to someone else because we are too focused on ourselves.


Let your light shine before men in such a way that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father who is in heaven. Matthew 5:16

2 comments:

patty said...

love this post, rebecca! look in my archives, the first post i did "why the moon"... it's all about the light!! great attitude, and great gift to give your boys. i'm going to start enforcing that one, too! THANKS!

Anonymous said...

Rebecca, so fun to find you have a blog! :) And I LOVE this picture of you with your boys! Gorgeous! Thanks for stopping by my blog...I'll be sure to pop back on to yours too! :)