Thursday, February 24, 2011

I think I can.....I think I can......



That pretty much sums up how I feel lately. Getting out of bed every day, smiling at people I interact with, talking to people who call or are in and out of my office at work.....I just SMILE and act like everything is wonderful! You know, that fake smile you put on on Sunday mornings when you've just spent the last 15 minutes yelling at your kids and/or spouse on the way to church, you're already 10 minutes late, and you rush into the church and realize that you got there just in time for the welcome so you start shaking hands, put on your best smile and when someone asks you how you are you say "I'm great! How are you?" Yeah, THOSE times! That's how I feel right now.
Let me start by saying there are TONS upon TONS of things for me to be thankful for--AND I AM THANKFUL! :) This is just one of those times in life where all the little pebbles that have been thrown my way lately have been compressed into a boulder. Now, I have to learn how to chip away at the boulder to turn it back into little pebbles that I can skip over the Water! Sometimes that's easier said than done, but I know God is with me. He will I have nothing that is never leave, nor forsake me and He is my rock, my strength, my fortress!

NOW! I feel lots better even just putting this in writing! If I have been a "downer" to you today, I hope you just pray for me and come back soon to see a better/more interesting/happier post! :) You know they're coming and I hope and pray I don't have my "fake Sunday smile" on when they do!

Psalm 18:1-3 The Message
I love you, God--You make me strong. God is a bedrock under my feet, the castle in which I live, my rescuing knight. My God--the high crag where I run for dear life, hiding behind the boulders, safe in the granite hideout. I sing to God, the Praise-Lofty, and find myself safe and saved.


No comments: