Tuesday, June 02, 2009

Weekly Adventures

Okay....so I'm slacking on my blog writing again. :) It's been a fun and eventful summer so far, but I've not had a lot of time to blog. Sorry to those of you who follow me!

I am just going to write today about the fun things that have gone on this week. If you get bored, feel free to stop reading anytime. ;)

Saturday we went to Kevin & Brandi's cook-out. I took TONS of pictures and we had a great time. If you want to see the pics, click on the following link http://photo1.walgreens.com/thumbnailshare/AlbumID=247913003/a=9377000_9377000/otsc=SHR/otsi=SALBlink/COBRAND_NAME=walgreens/

Sunday we went to church and visited a new Sunday School class....we've really been slacking in this area, so we are trying to find the right fit for us. Charley had been invited to a friend's house for a party, so he rode home with him. Hunter had been invited to Destiny's house (the girlfriend), so we went to eat lunch then took him there. Brian & I went to Bass Pro & Wal-Mart (I know...how exciting!) and then told Hunter we were coming to get him. Well, he didn't want to leave yet, so we decided to go to the Wright's to pick up Charley. I had brought my camera and had decided that I would love to get some pics of these teenage boys riding the jet ski or boat.

We went in and they had just started eating supper, so we joined in for grilled hot dogs, potato salad, corn on the cob, baked beans & fresh watermelon! Then we were heading outside and Brian said how it had been a long time since he'd been on a jet ski. So, Ron offered him some trunks and a t-shirt and he went out and had LOTS of fun (and now wants one!). ;) I went out on the boat with Ron & the boys to take pics of them knee-boarding! It was so much fun and I got some great pics there too. If you want to see them, click this link http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2025183&id=1099266288&l=007cea7888

Monday I went to work (like every week), but when I got home Brian had already started cutting the hole in the wall. We've been going to do this since we moved in almost a year ago! There is a big door that leads from the front room (which we use as a dining room) into the kitchen, but coming from the den you can't see into that room. It makes that area feel very closed off. So, he'd done it.....the chair rail and baseboards were off and one side of the sheetrock was cut to the studs. I was kind of nervous about it, but I couldn't wait to see what it looked like when you could see through it! Here are some pics of the beginning stages....I will put up more later! http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2025266&id=1099266288&l=7fea8666f9

It was so great! Brian let me walk through the doorway first--such a gentleman! We worked until almost midnight last night and almost have 1 side completely sheetrocked. Hopefully we'll get the other side done by tonight or tomorrow and I can paint it before I leave on Friday.

Brian & the boys are at the airplane museum in Sevierville today. They are giving rides in a B-17 today and if you know Charley at all, you know airplanes are his "thing". I can't wait to see pics. I sent Brian off with my camera, so I hope I get some good ones!

Hunter goes back to have his wrist checked and either get a short cast or brace on Friday. He's very excited! I'll let you know how that goes too. Just pray we're good. He's done great with the cast and is very inventive with ways to do things with that hand/arm. ;)

Pray for my family also....they will probably eat LOTS of fast food, sandwiches & ramen noodles this weekend. I am leaving on Friday around 4 to go to Atlanta with 3 of my friends--Sabrina, Sandi & Bev. We're going to see a Braves game on Sat night and going to eat at the Cheesecake Factory! I've never been to CF, so I'm very excited about that.

Well, that's the last week in a blast! If you've quit reading by now, I don't blame you. It's our life and we love it, but not sure other people find it interesting. ;)

More to come......

4 comments:

Lora said...

Wow friend, you have been busy! I'd love to check out all your pictures - I know they will be great!

What SS class did you visit? I pray you will find the right fit.

Enjoy your trip to Atlanta and the Cheesecake Factory. Praying your family has a wonderful weekend too!

Rebecca said...

I completely understand....summer has us running so much too! ;) Thanks about the picture comments. It's definitely a passion. I'm very happy running around with a camera hanging off my neck.

We visited Jim Porter's class. It was very challenging (especially since we hadn't had the opportunity to read the material). We both liked it and I'm sure we'll go back to visit again when I won't be late getting into it. There are several people we know in there! Thanks for the prayers...we need to find a group.

We will have a great time! I'm so excited about getting a little time away....I need a "break".

patty said...

i think you will love your house completely when you are done b/c you guys are doing so much of it on your own and together! that's a sure way to make a house a home...
have fun in atlanta... you will love the cheesecake factory!! oh yum!
and gl to hunter friday... get that doctor to help him out!! ;)

Rebecca said...

Thanks Patty! Put in a good word with us for Hunter with Doc....since you have the inside track. ;) I know the push-up rule, but not sure with the way his wrist has been bent in the cast that he will be able to do that tomorrow. :( But, I want it healed so he's good too!!!!

Yes, the house has been lots of fun! Plus, when you change things like the layout it's like a whole new house.

I'm so excited about ATL. I'm already packed except for last minute stuff....I NEED a break (as does my family probably)! ;)