Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Busy, multi-tasker or Adult ADHD--you be the judge

Why can I never seem to finish anything? Sometimes I think it's just because I'm "too busy". In my defense, I DO have a lot of things on my plate (but who else doesn't). Yes, I work 40 hours a week outside the home, as many as I can inside my home, spend time at many sporting events with my kids, spend as much time with my family as I can, volunteer in many facets, etc. Does that mean that I shouldn't finish things? Absolutely not!



I start of great--whether it comes to cleaning, diets, or whatever. Then, before you know it.........crash & burn! I get distracted, it's time to leave, I get discouraged. Maybe that's why I love to scrapbook. Even when you finish one, you can still add to it. Or even if you can't or don't want to, there's always more pictures to scrap.



Do you think it might be a touch of adult ADHD? I'm not making fun--I'm serious! If you call me, I will listen and once I drop off the conversation....just yell and get me back! I get engrossed in things some times and just don't pay attention. I used to think of myself as a great multi-tasker, but now I feel like I can listen to several conversations at once, but I can't process them. I get bits and pieces from each. Or, it could be that I'm just getting older. Well, that's not my favorite choice, but probably the right one.

Well, I better go....lots more things to half do today, and lots I HAVE to complete! ;)

Anyone else feel the same way?

No comments: